The Internet is a wonderful place filled with vast amounts of information. I feel like everyday I learn something new about blogging. This can be incredibly exciting and fun, but it can also become overwhelming. Everybody has their own plan to make their blog become uber successful, and often times they share their tips! It’s hard to decide what will work best for you and your blog amongst all of the information.
How Facebook Groups Work
One thing that, in my humble opinion, will help everyone in their blogging endeavors, is joining Facebook groups. I spoke a bit about them in a recent post about what I’ve learned about blogging, but I felt like they deserved their own post. Facebook groups have improved my blog traffic by leaps and bounds, and I wish I knew about them sooner.
Every group has different rules in terms of what you can and cannot post and share. All the groups I’m a part of have several administrators who run the group and make sure everyone is following the rules. Every day new threads are posted, providing opportunities to share your latest blog post, a pin you want re-pinned, your Instagram account, and so on and so forth. Once you share something, you’re usually required to interact with “X” amount of people’s posts. It’s a give and take relationship that will greatly benefit your blog.
How My Blog Traffic Improved
I joined my first Facebook group on April 1st, and look at how my traffic jumped from March to April! And now we’re halfway through the month of May and my blog traffic has already surpassed the total number of views for April. This is all thanks to sharing my posts, Instagram photos, and various social media pages on threads.
I’m hoping the increase in traffic is a trend that continues, as it finally feels like my hard work is starting to pay off. I’m also seeing some other perks come from the spike in traffic. My mailing list is starting to see some growth (though still not much), and my Instagram is starting to take off as well! I’m also starting to utilize Pinterest and gain a following over there. All this just by interacting with fellow bloggers on Facebook and gaining blog traffic!
So What Facebook Groups Can You Join?
I’ve joined six Facebook groups, all which offer opportunities to share and ask questions. All the groups require you to request to join, and once you do so you should have access to the group within a few days! Some have opportunities to share daily, others offer the chance to share a few times a week. Each group is helpful and useful in it’s own way, so I highly recommend taking the time to look at each of them.
- Grow Your Blog – Daily comment threads, daily threads for social media shares (FB, Twitter, Pinterest, G+), monthly & quarterly Follow for Follow Threads, an open forum for blog discussions
- Bloggers Supporting Bloggers – This one’s for any type of blog, not just beauty! Monday – Recent post thread
Tuesday – Facebook Wednesday – Different thread every week Thursday -Twitter Friday – Instagram Saturday – Different thread every week Sunday – Blogger of the Week
- Beauty Bloggers Forum – One of my favorite groups for blogging! Leah, the admin and creator, is so nice and supportive. She even runs a weekly photo contest on Instagram, providing you the chance to be featured. Here’s the schedule: Monday: Instagram Tuesday: Facebook Wednesday: Blog & YouTube Follow Thursday: Twitter Friday: Blog Favor Saturday: Pinterest
- SIT Girls Facebook Group – particularly great for asking about ANY blogging issue you may need help with. With over 15,000 members, someone always has an answer
- BTR – Blogger’s + Instagram Community – Offers daily opportunities to share blog posts, social media posts, and ask for favors.
- Beauty Bloggers Circle – Beauty Bloggers group that offers weekly threads to share your blog posts
Part of a Facebook group that I didn’t mention? Tell us about it in the comments!