I’ve seen several people do blog posts about how much their makeup bag costs, and the ladies from BuzzFeed’s Ladylike series made a video with the same concept. I thought it’d be fun to take my everyday makeup and add it up to see how much my face really costs. As I’m typing this I still have zero clue how much all of those products in the above picture cost. I’m sure I’ll be shocked by the end of this post. Right now my guess is around $120, but we’ll see if that’s even remotely correct.
My makeup changes every day so the amount could change day to day. Sometimes I use more drugstore and other days I pull out every expensive item I have! The only things that are a staple are my NYX finishing spray and my Maybelline Fit Me foundation. Those two items are my ride and die products.
This is how my makeup looked the day I used all the products in this post. Neutral and light, perfect for everyday! I had gotten my haircut that day so my hair was looking extra good as well!
Time to add it all up!
- Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue primer – $28
- Maybelline Fit Me foundation – $6
- NYX HD Photogenic concealer – $5
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer – $4
- Coty Airspun loose face powder – $6
- Ulta mineral setting powder – $14
- Wet n’ Wild Photofocus eyeshadow primer – $4
- Tartelette In Bloom eyeshadow palette – $46
- Starlooks eyeliner pen – $12
- Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara – $7
- Maybelline Browprecise eyebrow pencil – $7
- Ulta clear brow gel – $7
- e.l.f. baked highlighter – $4
- e.l.f. blush and bronzer duo – $4
- Ulta Matte lipstick – $8
- bareMinerals mini Marvelous Moxi lipgloss – $9
- NYX Matte Finish finishing spray – $8
Grand Total: $215
Wow…I wasn’t expecting it to be that much. I guess looking at the numbers it makes sense but still…I’m a little shocked haha! Like I said though, some days it varies; I’m not always using a $46 eyeshadow palette or a $28 primer. I’d be curious to try this another day and see how much the total cost varies.
Let me know if you enjoyed this type of post and if you were shocked at the final cost of my face!
Thanks for reading