Another month has come and gone. I’m not going to lie, I am so excited that October is over because that means we’re one month closer to Christmas! Also, we’re mere weeks away from Thanksgiving and that means eating all the food! Who doesn’t love food?
This month was spent hanging out with friends at haunted houses, hitting new PRs at the gym, and spending lots of time reading up on everything that has to do with blogging. I bought the Ultimate Bloggers Toolkit, and while I haven’t dived too deep into yet, I am SO excited to do so. There are so many materials in that bundle it’s hard to know where to begin!
One book I have gotten to read is The She Approach to Boosting Your Blog Traffic. Written by Ana over at The She Approach, this ebook offers so many tips and tricks to drive traffic to your blog. The tips are easily applicable and I’ve already started to notice a difference. The best part? It’s only $25! Click here to get the ebook for yourself.
While I suppose that counts as the first thing I loved in October, let’s dig into the “official” list.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick – Crisis: I can’t say this is my new favorite thing in a post all about my favorites, but this lipstick is pretty amazing. I went on about it over in my top five lipsticks for fall post, so all I’ll say here is that it’s incredible.
- Milani Prime Light Face Primer – I’ve had this primer for a while now, but I had been using it in the summer. Now, if you know me you know I have very oily skin. Using a strobing primer in the summer was just a dumb idea. Now that my skin is a bit drier due to the cold weather, I’ve really been enjoying this product! I find pairing it with the L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation makes for a really nice combination.
- L’Oreal Ever Strong Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner – Along with my oily skin, I have oily and thin hair. I’ve only been using these two products for the last two weeks of October or so, I’ve noticed a bit of a difference! My hair definitely feels thicker after a shower, and even into the next day when I don’t wash my hair.
- H&M Blush Pink Loafers – I featured these in my clothing haul last week and have continued to love them. They go with just about any outfit, are comfortable, and are blush pink which is very on trend right now 👌🏻
- Make Up Forever Artist Liquid Matte Lipstick: 401 Red – I am forever on the hunt for the “perfect” red lipstick. I think it has to do with my desire to be Taylor Swift… Either way, I think I have found the one. At least, that is until I purchase another red lipstick and call it “the one”. The shade 401 is flattering with my skin tone (pale) and is nearly transfer proof! There’s not much else you could ask for from a red lipstick
- Bath & Body Works Heirloom Apple Candle – Unfortunately, this candle isn’t available any longer, but it is autumn in a jar. The second it’s lit it’s as if you’re surrounded by a ton of freshly cut apples. Weird image, but accurate depiction. The jar is also pink marble so really, need I say more?
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon Rollerball – Fun fact, Elizabeth and James featured my snap of this product in their Instagram story last week! The mix of bourbon and vanilla make this the perfect mix of musky and sweet, masculine and feminine.
- Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Lipsticks – Nothing proves that I have a lipstick addiction more than a favorites post featuring four lipsticks. What can I say, I’m a lipstick junkie. At first I wasn’t sure about these Maybelline lipsticks as they’re quite sticky. However! They’re very comfortable to wear and last all day. They can’t really be layered, but I found that I hardly had to reapply throughout the day.
And there it is, my October favorites! I haven’t done a favorites post since the spring so this was a nice change of pace. Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? Let me know in the comments below.