I hope you have a sweet tooth, because today on the blog is the gooiest, most delicious s’mores bars you ever did eat. I love a good s’more as it’s a reminder of summer and such a staple for when you’re gathered around the campfire with friends and family. I found this recipe while searching through Pinterest and I thought I would give them a go! The original recipe is here, and you can follow me on Pinterest to see what other recipes I’ve saved right here. Now, let’s get baking!
- 1/2 cup (115g) salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- 1 cup (100g) graham cracker crumbs (9 graham crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow creme, or enough to have a thick layer on top of the dough
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and then line an 8×8 pan with tin foil or parchment paper. This recipe doesn’t make a lot of dough so don’t use a pan any bigger than 8×8.
- In a mixer or with an electric whisk, combine the butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, graham crackers, and baking powder
- Slowly add the flour combination into the wet ingredients, keeping the mixer on a low speed
- Spread about 2/3 of the dough into pan. After trial and error I found it’s best to just spread the dough with your clean hands (emphasis on the clean!)
- Layer the fluff on top of the dough, spreading with the back of a spoon or spatula. Then add your chocolate chips before spreading the remainder of the dough on top
- Pop your bars into the oven for 25-27 minutes, or until golden brown.
- They will not be hard when you take them out of the oven, but that’s okay because they’re meant to be gooey just like a campfire s’more!
Look how gooey they are! That melted marshmallow and chocolate chips! I may have to go eat one now…
Happy baking, and thanks for reading!