I know I know, technically there’s still 8 days of summer left, and yeah, it was 80 degrees in my town today, but I can feel Autumn coming around the corner. I popped in to Bath and Body Works and bought some Autumn scented candles and I’ve been drinking more tea (I tend to prefer tea to coffee in the cooler months). I so desperately want the temperature to drop so I can wear sweaters and scarves and not over heat on the walk from my house to my car. I also love playing with makeup looks for the fall. I purchased the NYX Liquid Suede in Vintage a couple of weeks ago and was inspired to do a look with this lipstick as the main focus.
This look requires a lot of products and time, so it certainly isn’t good for every day, but I love it so much! I’ll definitely be doing this look again if I have an event to go to, or even just a night out with friends.
I’ve never done this type of blog post before, so bare with me. My light also kept changing as I was taking pictures of the steps so hopefully things don’t look too awful. To find out how I got the look above, keep on reading!
- I started by priming my face with Benefits the Porefessional primer and then putting their Porefessional Matte Rescue on top of it. Once that dried I used my Maybelline Fit Me foundation in the shade 115 Ivory.
2. I then used my two favorite concealers; I used Rimmel’s match perfection in the shade 125 under my eyes and then I used Maybelline’s Fit Me concealer in the shade 1o Light on my chin, nose, and spots. After blending the concealer with my beauty blender I used the Coty Airspun loose face powder, and the Ulta mineral setting powder to set my foundation and concealer.
3. I then used the bronzer from the Lorac Pink Champagne palette to lightly contour my cheeks. The lipstick for this look is such a dark color that I wanted to keep everything else on the more natural side. I lightly applied a Sephora blush in the shade Rose Glow to achieve that natural flush before topping it with the L’Oreal Lumi Illuminator in the shade Rose.
4. Before doing my eyebrows I applied the Wet n Wild Photofucus eyeshadow primer. While that was drying I used the e.l.f. eyebrow kit in medium to define my brows. I then set them with the Ulta brow gel. I always think I look so funny at this stage in my makeup. My brows are so bold and there’s no eye makeup to balance it out!
5. Now for the eyeshadow! I used shadows exclusively from my Tartelette in bloom palette to achieve this look. I first applied Charmer all over the lids as a base before applying Jetsetter to the crease. After blending out the crease I applied Activist to the outer corners and blended that color out. I then went in and applied Charmer to the lids again to make sure they really popped. I finished the eyeshadow off by applying Funny Girl all over the lids.
6. I like to use setting spray before I apply mascara as it tends to make some mascaras run, ruining the makeup I’ve spent so much time on! The one I’ve been using for a while now is NYX’s matte finish setting spray.
7. I used the Maybelline Lash Stiletto to apply a thin line of liner before going in with my favorite mascara, Covergirl’s Super Sizer.
8. The last step is to apply the lipstick! I lined my lips with an Ulta lipliner in the shade My Berry before applying two coats of the NYX Liquid Suede.
And that’s the finished look! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Thanks for reading,